Here’s what you need to know:
- Install Zoom on your computer by visiting Zoom.us. This will reduce install time when you first log onto our call. I’ll email you the Zoom meeting link 2 hours prior to our scheduled chat so it’s near the top of your inbox at go time.
- Make sure your internet connection is strong. A weak connection can make our audio sketchy, reducing the quality and making listeners not want to tune in.
- Use headphones with a microphone in them to boost sound quality.
- Minimize distractions and background noise by shutting the door to the room you’ll be connecting from.
- Reduce the “echo” in your audio by connecting with me from a small, no-noise room like an office. Large, hollow rooms make for echo-y, hollow audio.
PRO-TIP: Put pillows and/or blankets around the back of your monitor to absorb the echo.
- I will only be recording audio. No video. Yay for wonky top knots, bare faces, and stained sweatshirts! No one will even know!
- Remember that I’ll be getting our recorded audio professionally edited, so don’t worry about fumbling on your words or getting hung up anywhere in the conversation. My podcast editor has your back!
- Take a look at the UPDATED podcast interview flow beforehand, so you know what I’ll be throwing your way.
Updated Podcast Interview Flow:
Instead of having an exact list of questions I ask all interviewees, I like to follow a general interview flow that will ultimately deliver the type of insight my listeners are most interested in hearing about.
We’ll flow through the following topics as the conversation unfolds:
- Who you are and what you do
- What your Myers-Briggs personality type is and what that means about your best marketing strategy
- How you apply your personality type to your business, marketing strategy, and/or life in general
And please note: You don’t need to know absolutely everything there is to know about your personality type – that’s MY job! You just need to bring your true, feel-good self to the table and a great conversation will flow from there.