Here’s what you need to know:
- Install Zoom on your computer by visiting Zoom.us. This will reduce install time when you first log onto our call. I’ll email you the Zoom meeting link 2 hours prior to our scheduled chat so it’s near the top of your inbox at go time.
- Make sure your internet connection is strong. A weak connection can make our audio sketchy, reducing the quality and making listeners not want to tune in.
- Use headphones with a microphone in them to boost sound quality.
- Minimize distractions and background noise by shutting the door to the room you’ll be connecting from.
- Reduce the “echo” in your audio by connecting with me from a small, no-noise room like an office. Large, hollow rooms make for echo-y, hollow audio.
- I will only be recording audio. No video. Yay for wonky top knots, bare faces, and stained sweatshirts! No one will even know!
- Remember that I’ll be getting our recorded audio professionally edited, so don’t worry about fumbling on your words or getting hung up anywhere in the conversation. My podcast editor has your back!
- Take a look at the UPDATED podcast interview questions beforehand, so you know what I’ll be throwing your way.
Update Podcast Interview Questions:
- How do you earn your living?
- How’d you get here?
- What’s your Myers-Briggs personality type?
[I’ll then give a little background on that type]
- How are you using your type?
- Have you ever tried something in business only to find it was out of alignment with your type?
- What’s your unique angle at your industry, your business, your service, your strategy?
- How do you do marketing that feels good to you?
- What would you tell a fellow [TYPE]?
These questions act as an anchor, rather than a steering wheel. I never know where the conversation is really going to go and that’s what makes it fun!
Again, no pressure to know anything about your type – that’s my job.