In this episode of the Marketing in Yoga Pants Podcast, Brit interviews Samantha Mabe, Founder and Designer at Lemon and the Sea. Samantha helps creative small business with strategic web design. Learn how she is helping experts in their fields distinguish their businesses visually through web design.
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Watch the Podcast here:
- Freelancing as a graphic designer and honing in on web design
- Getting her cousin as her first paying client
- Getting more clients through referrals and word of mouth based on great client experiences
- Niching down early on in her business, to service-minded and heart-centered business owners
- Figuring out how to become profitable by offering more than “just a pretty website” as a designer
- Building relationships to gain more clients by showing up through Facebook groups, podcasts, and joining a mastermind
- Stepping out of her comfort zone by joining her local Rising Tide Society chapter, and following up with people she’s connected with
- Recognizing her sweet spot is working 1:1 with clients
- Focusing on growth and hiring from the small business community in 2018
- Finding inspiration through the people she serves
- Listening to podcasts to learn more about strategic design
“Don’t worry about what everyone else is doing.”
“It’s about staying in my own lane, doing what I’m good at doing, and not worrying what everyone else is offering.”