In this episode of the Marketing in Yoga Pants Podcast, Brit interviews Lynne Somerman, Founder of The Wiser Miser. Lynne is the budgeting queen, helping entrepreneurs take control of their finances through budgeting and mindful money management. Learn how she is embracing her love for budgeting and bringing it to all of us in a powerful (and non-scary) way.
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Watch the Podcast here:
- Helping business owners to feel less stress and overwhelm around the topic of money in order to make better financial decisions
- Finding her love for finances through first being terrible with them
- Educating herself to get out of financial trouble, finding what worked and what didn’t
- Exploring her mindset, beliefs, and values to better understand her own financial health
- Having her friends reach out to ask how they could manage their money better
- Gaining her first paying client through offering free consulting and providing so much value the person couldn’t NOT pay her
- Gaining more clients by simply telling others what she does for a living
- Cultivating relationships, both online and offline, to continue getting new clients
- Learning to love budgeting
- Lynne’s non-scary process of coaching an entrepreneur through organizing and getting clear about their finances
- It’s okay to not like money and financial talk!
- Making your budget “meeting” fun
- Books to read about financial wellness and abundance
“Experiment with things and see what happens.” – Lynne Somerman