In this episode of the Marketing in Yoga Pants Podcast, Brit interviews Lucy and Daphne, Founders of Salt Design Co. Lucy and Daphne are web designers, working together to empower small business owners through the process of designing a website they’re proud of. Learn how these two are balancing exciting life in Vancouver, running a business, and taking great care of their clients.
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Watch the Podcast here:
- How Lucy and Daphne got Brit’s attention their 1-Day Website Design Workshop
- Design is confusing and people shouldn’t have to feel that way
- Meeting each other in college and starting a business together
- Blending their two unique backgrounds to create a unique business
- Running on good snacks and face-to-face time
- Both finding design as their “thing”
- Finding clients through face-to-face networking, relationship building, and doing work before they were “ready” for it
- Leveraging their local community to build their client base and reputation
- How and why they decided to host a 1-Day Website Design Workshop
- Being open to take your online business OFFline when the client needs it
- Leaning on each other for their unique strengths
“You’re going to figure it out.” – Lucy
“Take these chances. Take these risks. At the end of the day, the worst that can happen is probably not as dramatic as you think it’ll be.” – Daphne