In this episode of the Marketing in Yoga Pants Podcast, Brit interviews Kate Quin, Founder and Virtual Assistant for Photographers at KateQuin.com. Kate is a savvy, skillful VA, specializing in assisting wedding photographers. Learn how she came to acquire this unique business and how she’s growing it into her own brand.
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Watch the Podcast here:
- Finding the need to serve wedding photographers specifically with her VA skills
- Always having that entrepreneurial pull
- How Kate acquired her business, as opposed to founded it – it’s an incredible story!
- What it’s like to take over someone else’s business
- Taking the foundations of the business and building upon it to make it her own
- Getting initial traction through the public coaching session on Jenna Kutcher’s The Goal Digger Podcast
- How being on Jenna’s podcast was great, but also troublesome
- Leveraging Instagram marketing to get next few clients
- Now leveraging referrals as her main source of new client inquiries
- Working with photographers who are also educators, which gets her name out to even more people
- Righting your business systems ship
- Offering editing services for photographers because it’s a huge need for her clients
“Have your systems in place so when things do take off, you’re ready.” – Kate Quin