In this episode of the Marketing in Yoga Pants Podcast, Brit interviews Ashley Cowles, Founder and Blogger at TheSmallTownFoodie.com. Ashley is a passionate food blogger who has created a beautiful food blog without turning it into a business just yet. Learn how she has intentionally structured her blog to simply be a fulfilling passion project and why she’s not monetizing it just yet.
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Watch the Podcast here:
- Working a full-time job she LOVES while growing her passion project blog
- What got Ashley interested in food blogging
- Being scrappy in the beginning to build and design her own website
- Learning as she went and being open to the direction of her blog
- Backing off the bandwagon of “QUIT YOUR JOB” and allowing her blog to be a blog
- As you’re starting a blog, find blogs you like and identifying why you like them
- Building your community through your blog
- The recipe blogging process
- Not caring about the numbers when you know it’ll just stress you out
“Focus on what’s right for you.” – Ashley Cowles